With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, I wanted to take a moment to give thanks. I have many MANY blessings in my life…and I am a firm believer in counting my blessings with a grateful spirit and naming them one by one. My list could go on and on…but I’ll keep it short and sweet!
- My Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ: Heavenly Father loves me beyond measure and sent his son to die for my sins. He loves me in spite of all of my flaws and shortcomings. I backslide. I stumble. I fall. I stray onto the wrong path, but He is still working in me. He loves me. I may be a mess, but I’m His mess. I am thankful every day for the atonement of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for HIS perfect plan for happiness with my eternal family. I am thankful that His plan is clearly laid out in the Scriptures. And…I am thankful for growth.
- Samuel: I am so very grateful for Sam. I am thankful everyday for his unwavering love and support. He entertains all of my dreams and schemes. He gives of himself unselfishly. He’s a wonderful father. He’s a great provider. He’s my partner in crime, my best friend (with benefits *wink wink*). I am grateful to spend my eternity with my handsome mountain man!
- The Boys: In 29 days we will be meeting the boys at the airport. In 29 days I will be able to wrap my arms around the two boys who fill my heart with so much love. One is my own and shares my DNA. One is a bonus. (I am super grateful to his mom for not being one of those weirdo’s about step-parents!) I love them both! My life and my heart would be empty without those two goofballs! I’m grateful for their unique personalities. I’m grateful that they have each other.
- My Family: Family takes a variety of shapes and forms. It can be the blood family you are born into. It can be friends that you meet along the way that become your family. I am blessed to have been born into a pretty great clan! Growing up a Wagner meant something…and it still does. I’m also thankful for the family that I married into! I am grateful for the missionaries we’ve had the pleasure of working with over the past few months. Those young men and their visits have meant something special to both Sam and I…and we love them like family.
- Adventure: I am thankful for the many adventures that we have taken and the many many more that will come! I am thankful that Sam shares my sense of adventure and that we both enjoy being out of our comfort zones. I’m thankful for road trips and mountains. I’m thankful for new places and familiar favorites.
Please share in the comments something YOU are thankful for this year!!