Happy Friday y’all! We made it through another week!! Woo-Hoo! Personally this week has been LONG in anticipation of our next adventure/vacation kicking off tomorrow! Stay tuned for more on that!
I think I’ve mentioned before that we love listening to podcasts, especially when traveling. So, I thought for today’s Friday 5, I would share with you my FIVE FAVORITE PODCASTS!
- My Dad Wrote A Porno: This one just wrapped season three, but we just discovered this podcast on our Boston trip, and we listened to season one and half of season two to date. In a nutshell, Jamie Morton’s dad decided to veer from travel writing and wrote a porno called Belinda Blinked under the pen name Rocky Flinstone. Jamie is joined by his two friends, James and Alice, and each week they take on a chapter of the book. Reading and laughing and tearing it apart in a way that will have you literally laughing out loud! I urge you to please check the trio out here.
- Modern Love: This podcast, hosted by Meghna Chakrabarti of WBUR, is based on a weekly column from The New York Times, where writers submit essays of “love, loss and redemption” read by celebrities. These essays are usually moving and often invoke a deep conversation and occasionally, tears. I enjoy the format that includes a follow-up with the author. You can check them out here.
- Bill Burr’s Monday Morning Podcast: I’m a huge fan of all things Bill Burr, especially his sarcastic, tell it like it is, sense of humor. In his podcast, he basically rambles on about his take on the goings on in the world. I recommend you check his podcast out here, and also check out his stand-up specials on Netflix, IF you like to laugh!
- Dear Sugar: This one is another WBUR podcast, hosted by Cheryl Strayed (my dear friend…and I say this because one time, on Twitter, she like my tweet!) and Steve Almond, where they take all of your deep, dark burning questions and genuinely answer them with love. You never know, they might take a question that relates to you and your life, nothing is off limits. I urge you to please, please check them out here!
- Hot Mic with Dan Savage: I was first turned on to Dan Savage by The Hubs, who introduced me to his weekly advice column “Savage Love” where he answers readers questions about love and sex, the dark and dirty. He’s quite candid, and will bring in an expert if he doesn’t have the experience in a certain area. Check the podcast out here, and you will not be disappointed as Dan shares true stories about sex and relationships from live story telling events, and then adds his hilarious two-cents.
Do YOU have a favorite, can’t-miss, podcast? If you do, please share it in the comments! I’m always looking for new things to entertain me!
Until Next Time: Peace, Love and Adventures