This post contains affiliate links.
Happy Friday y’all! Oh what a week it has been. My week has consisted of nothing but binge watching Netflix, heating and re-heating my rice bag, and trying to stay comfortable. Basically, a pretty wild week. But, I still wanted to share with you all a few of my favorite things from the week.
- I am absolutely in love with this tote! I stumbled upon Urban Southern a few weeks ago and absolutely fell in love with the little company and their values. So much so, that I had to have the bag. Each bag is hand-crafted in Tennessee, made with full grain saddle leather then packaged and shipped with love to your door. I use my Mini Market Tote daily, and receive compliments wherever it goes! Just look at it!!
- In keeping with the leather theme, I have to share with you my absolute FAVORITE boots EVER, the Danner Mountain Light Cascades, and you can get them here. You might recognize the boots from the cover of Cheryl Strayed’s book “Wild” or if you’ve watched the movie, you know that these iconic boots were worn throughout Reese Witherspoon’s trek of the Pacific Crest Trail. The Hubs bought me my Danner’s in preparation for our trip to Yosemite, and honestly they are the most amazing and comfortable boots I have ever worn, and will probably be the last pair I ever need to buy.
- With little else to do but kick back and relax, The Hubs and I spent some time binge watching Tin Star Season 1. If you enjoy crime drama television, this show might be for you. The show is set in the Canadian Rockies where migrant oil workers, scandal, biker gangs, and murder all ensue. After watching the first episode, I was convinced the show was going to follow the usual crime drama track. I was pleasantly surprised. I did not see the movie ending the way it did. I haven’t heard if there will be a season two, but I certainly hope so!
- With laying low lately, I find myself getting a serious case of “wanderlust” and to combat the desire to travel and shirk all responsibility, I’ve take to following the whole #vanlife movement on Instagram. I assume they are real people, but they definitely romanticize living in van, and make it look so appealing. I have some realistic questions and concerns, but when I feel the urge to travel somewhere new, I immerse myself in this, and somehow I feel a little more centered. I mean, this makes the rubber tramp lifestyle look pretty great, right?
- Finally, this week we finally got a taste of Autumn here in the Midwest and it was wonderful! Cool nighttime temperatures in the 40’s and 50’s. That wonderful weather is gone now, today it is 90 again. So back to central air and thinking it’s summer. Experiencing the four season is one thing I miss from back East, the cooler fall temperatures, the crisp mornings, the changing leaves, all things apple and pumpkin. It’s just not the same drinking hot apple cider, wearing shorts and a tee shirt while sweating bullets!
What are YOU loving this week?
Until Next Time: Peace, Love & Adventures
Mountain Wife xoxo