Growing up, I wouldn’t have considered myself a picky eater, but looking back on my likes and dislikes, I think maybe I might have been a little picky! I’m happy to report that I’m no longer picky, unless you ask The Hubs, he would probably say that I am. And that just might be because when he asks what I want for dinner, I usually say “anything but Chinese”!
One of the foods that I hated as a child was meatballs. To me, they always just tasted like…meat! I was never a fan of “meat”! Heaven forbid my mother ever made the meatballs with venison instead of ground beef! I happy to report that after thirty-six years, I have discovered the most delicious meatball recipe ever!
These little balls of deliciousness are the perfect addition to spaghetti night AND they make the perfect sub for kicking back and watching the game! (Whatever game that might be!)
This recipe can also be adapted for the crockpot too! Just brown the meatballs and finish in the crockpot with your favorite sauce!
Until Next Time: Peace, Love & Adventure
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 small Onion, diced and browned
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 3/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Dash Hot Pepper Sauce (Franks or Tapatio)/or to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 C. Milk
- 1/4 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 C. Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the beef into a mixing bowl, and season with salt, onion, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, oregano, red pepper flakes, hot pepper sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.
- Add the milk, Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs. Mix until evenly blended.
- Form into 1 1/2-inch meatballs, and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes.
*Alternatively, you can brown the meatballs in a skillet before finishing in the oven.
*Alternatively, after browning you can place the meatballs in a crockpot with sauce to finish.