It’s strawberry season!!! YAY!!! Y’all! If you find yourself with an abundance of strawberries, you MUST try this recipe!
If you can’t tell by my excitement, I LOVE strawberries! In my opinion they are one of nature’s sweetest and most delicious treats!
Yesterday was a weird weather day here in Southwest Michigan. The morning started sunny and by lunchtime there was rain…then the sun came back out in time for sunset! The rain spoiled my plans to soak up some sunshine, so I spent my afternoon in the kitchen!
I’m a sucker for strawberry pie, and the first pie was so delicious, that I decided to whip up a second, but this time with an oreo cookie crust! When I make the pie filling, I like to make extra to use as jam on homemade bread! Yum!
BUT…if you love strawberries and like banana bread, then you have to try this amazing new recipe for Strawberry Banana Bread! It is absolutely delicious! It is delicious with butter, cream cheese or jam! It works for breakfast or a dessert! I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray two 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In a separate small bowl, beat eggs using a fork.
- Add eggs to sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- Add mashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until flour is just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Fold in floured covered strawberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and bake at 375F for 15 minutes. REDUCE heat to 350F and bake for an additional 30 minutes until edges are slightly brown or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from loaf pans.
Do YOU love strawberries? What’s your go to recipe or use for these sweet nuggets of delicious summertime? Drop me a comment!
Until Next Time: Peace, Love & Adventures