- 4 – 5 (6 – 7 oz) bone-in, skin on chicken thighs or chicken quarters
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp each minced fresh thyme, sage and rosemary, plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled if desired), chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced into halves
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour 2 Tbsp of the olive oil, the red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs into a gallon size resealable bag, add chicken, season with salt and pepper then seal bag and massage mixture over chicken while working to evenly distribute herbs. Set aside and let rest while chopping veggies.
- Place sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, and onion on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil then toss to evenly coat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread into an even layer then set chicken over veggie/fruit mixture.
- Roast in a preheated oven until the chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30 minutes (chicken should register 165 in center).
- Broil during last few minutes for a more golden skin on chicken if desired.
- Sprinkle with more herbs and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings