- 3 Cups Flour (I use unbleached all-purpose flour)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Water
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, and yeast together so it is distributed evenly.
- Add water.
- Mix thoroughly until flour is incorporated. The dough will be stiff.
- Place dough into a bowl. Cover and allow to rest for 18 hours. The dough will be ready when it is dotted with bubbles across the surface. (Resting time may vary depending upon temperature.)
- Place dough on a floured surface. Fold the dough over on itself 4-8 times until the dough is tight.
- Place the ball of dough back into a greased bowl. Cover and allow to sit for 2 hours, or until it has doubled in size.
- At least 30 minutes before the dough is ready, heat the oven to 450*. Place your dutch oven in the oven while it is heating.
- When the dutch oven has been heated and the dough is ready, carefully put the dough into the pot.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake for 5 minutes to allow the bread to brown.
- CAREFULLY remove bread from the dutch oven and allow to cool.