- 2 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 6 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- In a large bowl, combine the water, sugar and yeast. Allow the mixture to sit for several minutes until frothy. Add the oil, I use canola oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the flour mixture to the yeast mixture 1/2 cup at a time, until all flour is mixed well, and dough can be pulled away from the sided of the bowl with a spatula. Please note, that the dough will still be sticky .
- Grease a large bowl. Scrape the dough into the greased bowl, turning to coat it in oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a towel and allow the dough to rise at room temperature until it has doubled in size, roughly one hour.
- Turn the dough onto a floured work surface. Work the dough into a smooth ball. Cut the ball in half for two, thick-crust, large pizzas or into thirds for three, thin-crust, medium pizzas.
- Roll out the dough for use in your favorite pizza recipe. (Dough can be refrigerated until ready to use, but keep in mind that it will continue to rise.)